Friday, March 27, 2009

Bonsai for Papertake

Some sketches simply grab your attention and demand to be used again and again... Dawny's Sketch 11 over at Papertake Weekly is certainly one of them! This card also plays in the Secret Crafter challenge to use your favorite color... which for me is GREEN!
I was able to use up some more scraps from previous cards made this week (i.e., the poppies). The bonsai image is from Auntie Amy's Embossing Arts company, and I colored it with watercolors. I was not particularly careful about staying within the lines, because I wanted the image to have a more free-form quality.
Here's the inside:

Now I am not a particularly great fan of eyelets, but Heidi VanLaar set a challenge over at Use It! to incorporate eyelets this week; and although I wasn't in time to play along in that challenge, I figured that while I had them out I might as well do something with 'em!

And then there's the win-all freebie on this card... can you guess what it is?! Yes, that's right--the raffia ribbon. And can you guess where it came from? Nah, you never will, so I'll tell you...It was blowing around in the parking lot at Hobby Lobby! (I think you know you've got it bad when you pick up stray flower heads and raffia ribbon from the craft store parking lot!!)

Have a great day all,

--Kathryn




2 comments:

  1. OMG fab card, love the bonsai tree! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the bonsai stamp! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails