Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Patchwork Thanks

...and a little detail...
I have to say that I really enjoyed making this card today. I got to pull out my sewing machine, use some new ribbon, ink up a new sentiment stamp and play with one of my very favorite paper sets--well...scraps of it...to be found in abundance throughout my scrap box... Stangely enough, I do not remember the name of this collection, so if anyone does recognize it, please let me know! It was one of the first that I purchased, right at the onset of the scrapbooking journey, and it is still particularly appealing to me for the scrapbook.
The challenges for this card are:
1. Daring Cardmakers It's a Patchy One!
2. Truly Scrumptious Sketch 2 by Christine
(forgot about the handmade button...Oops!)
3. Use It! Monday (Rae's new challenge) Recipe challenge
Thanks for looking and have a lovely day all...
Here in Texas we're receiving some much-needed RAIN! What a blessing!
--Kathryn


14 comments:

  1. great card! I love the chocolate brown color and the sprinkling of buttons :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing Kathryn that you were able to meet so many challenges with one fabulous card!!! Thank you SO much for playing along with the first Use It! challenge :)
    ~rae

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the different stiches you used on your patchwork panels. and the ribbon acros the middle is excellent

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the colors of this card. I am going to go and check out those challenges you used...I really need to use up my stash. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card...I love everything about this card...thanks for joining in the challenge this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Card. I especially like how you cut out the sentiment. gorgeous1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so pretty Karen. I've never used those colors together, you made it look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in the TS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card. Love the image and the pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at the TS challenge this week. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this card rocks! Love how you cut out the thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card, I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful and the stitching is perfect - beautiful design and colours

    Thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this card. Chokolate brawn and everything....wow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails